Vivek Agarwal’s Portal/Java Blog

An IBM Gold Consultant’s weblog about IBM, Lotus, WebSphere, J2EE, IT Processes, and other IT technologies

Custom theme HTML corruption in WPE 6.0.1.3+

Posted by Vivek Agarwal on March 14, 2009


Yes, I am back from the dead! 🙂 It has been a long time since I blogged – just been very busy and blogging fell by the wayside. Recently one of the developers on my team ran into an issue with a custom theme when he applied the 6.0.1.5 fixpack on a WebSphere Portal 6.0.x.x server. The theme was exhibiting some very odd behavior – HTML snippets in the output were getting randomly misplaced – i.e. the HTML output was getting garbled with some HTML incorrectly appearing before other HTML, and the theme was having visual issues. And the odd thing was that only one of the custom themes was exhibiting the issue while other themes seemed to work well, making him believe that there was something wrong with the failing theme. He had a PMR open with IBM support for 2+ weeks but that had got him nowhere with getting the issue resolved. So I finally got involved in helping him out  and in a few minutes found this IBM technote that appeared to be related to the issue at hand. As per the technote the resolution was to simply set the buffer to none in the pages declaration. In the theme default.jsp file, we changed the page declaration to the following:

    <%@ page buffer=”none” %>

That was all it took, but I sure do wish that support could actually prove to be useful once in a while and use their own tools (technotes) to resolve PMRs quickly. Of course, given that the technote was a public one, the WebSphere Portal community ought to be able to use the IBM Support Site effectively too.

Advertisements

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: